- Creation of Covalence SA, a limited company based in Geneva, Switzerland, founded in 2001 by six persons willing to increase the density of information about sustainable development and business ethics, and to bring this information to finance professionals.
- Development of EthicalQuote, an ethical reputation scoring system and CSR news database tracking the world’s largest companies.
- Universe of 200 large companies
- Online public version of EthicalQuote
- Reputation research produced for corporate and non profit clients
- A study by SustainAbility (UK) and Mistra Foundation, “Values for Money: Reviewing the Quality of SRI Research” (2004), places Covalence on their short-list and mentions Covalence’s approach as among the best & most innovative practices for its “inclusive source model that allows stakeholders to include themselves in information gathering processes.”
- Prix Cantonal du Développement Durable 2004 (Geneva)
- Publication of Covalence EthicalQuote Ranking, updated monthly, quarterly, and annually, widely echoed.
- Covalence has signed broker contributor agreements with the following financial information providers: Bloomberg: COVA ; Thomson Reuters: Covalence SA; Capital IQ : Covalence SA, Research Division; TheMarkets.com : Covalence.
- Universe of 500+ companies
- Launch of Sustainable Finance Geneva, co-founded by Covalence’s Antoine Mach
- Ethical Snapshots, monthly company profiles for finance professionals
- Ethical Fund & Portfolio Rating
- Index, Funds and Portfolios
- Ethical-Financial correlations
- Covalence has adopted the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI)
- BBGI-EthicalQuote Swiss Equities Indices
- Universe of 2800 companies
- 50 updated sustainability criteria inspired by the Global Reporting Initiative
- Strategic collaboration with Inrate
- Automated text extraction and classification
- ESG News Monitor
- Founding member of Swiss Sustainable Finance
- Featured in the book 10 finance innovations – Geneva, the sustainable finance laboratory